In september Joey Chestnut will be a part of European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA) festival New / Now. It was picked out by an international jury of 15 experts, representing each of the five artistic categories, selects work that:
• engages with, and makes a bold contribution to, leading edge practice in the international
field of the category;
• demonstrates clear potential as work that is likely to achieve a good professional standard
• is likely to stimulate the interest of promoters, curators, festival organisers, and/or producers working in the professional field of the discipline;
• is suitable for presentation and likely to stimulate the interest of an international audience;
• together with the other work selected within the discipline, contributes to the presentation of a diverse range within the category.